Welcome to the June 2015 edition of Focus
We have closed a number of deals in recent months including:
- Acting for ARM on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Mixta, a real estate developer focusing on opportunities across Africa; and
- Acting for CDC on its $15,000,000 million investment in Africa-focused agricultural production company, Miro Forestry, a sustainable timber business which operates in Sierra Leone and Ghana. The investment was made in conjunction with a further investment by Finnfund.
We have had a number of new instructions in recent months, including advising on:
- the financing of three solar PV projects in South Africa;
- the development of a solar PV project in Mozambique;
- the development of a gas IPP in Ghana;
- the financing of an agri-business in Bangladesh;
- the financing of a hotel in Ethiopia; and
- the development of two solar PV projects in Uganda.
Speaking Engagements / Conferences
- Partners Kaushik Ray and Patrick Leece spoke at the IFLR Africa Forum in London in May 2015.
- Trinity will be at the Africa Energy Forum in Dubai from June 8th to 11th 2015, where Senior Partner Paul Biggs will be moderating at the Access Co-development Fund, a live Dragons Den style competition for early stage project investment, enabling four shortlisted projects to pitch for up to US$5m of development finance which will be awarded, live, during the forum in Dubai.
Getting in touch
As ever, if you have any comments or questions about Trinity, about Focus, or generally, please get in touch.