A key sector focus for Trinity is agriculture and associated industry. We have experience across the project lifecycle of an agricultural project having advised on some of the largest agri-business projects in Africa and other emerging markets.
We have experience across a wide range of sub-sectors including sugar, forestry, dairy, fruit, aquaculture and agri-energy. We advise on structuring, financing (equity and debt), operational matters and corporate/commercial transactions in the sector (including M&A).
Relevant transactions include:
– Acting for shareholders in relation to the development of bioethanol projects, Mozambique
– Fundraising and development of bioethanol projects across Africa including Senegal, Tanzania and Mozambique
– Acting for the developer of a livestock project, Uganda
– Development of a renewable forestry power plant, Ghana
– Eel-aquaculture project funded by the Development Bank of South Africa, Madagascar
– Cocoa plantations in Ghana, Ivory Coast and Nigeria including the financing of related processing facilities
– Advising on the development and financing of palm oil projects in Papua New Guinea, Malaysia and Indonesia
– Acting on behalf of clients in respect of rose farm production projects, Nigeria and Kenya
– Industrial scale sugar projects across Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania.