Luke Muchamore | click to email | Phone number: +44 (0) 207 997 7054
Luke is a Partner in Trinity International LLP. Luke trained and qualified as a solicitor at Allen & Overy LLP, and was a Senior Associate in its Projects, Energy and Infrastructure group prior to joining Trinity in 2012, having worked in the London, Paris and Luxembourg offices.
Luke advises on project documentation including power purchase agreements, concession agreements, construction contracts (including EPC contracts), operation and maintenance contracts, and ancillary documentation such as direct agreements and performance security. Luke’s experience includes the energy and infrastructure sectors in respect of projects in Africa, the UK, Europe, China and the Middle East.
A selection of Luke’s recent experience includes:
- Drafting and negotiation of EPC, O&M and LTSA documentation for the 450MW Azura IPP in Edo State.
- Advising sponsors on the EPC and O&M documentation for the proposed Ikot Abasi IPP.
- Advising sponsors on a solar plant to be constructed in Katsina state.
- Advising Dangote Group of Nigeria on EPC contracts for cement production plants to be constructed by a Chinese EPC contractor.
- Drafting and negotiation of EPC, O&M and LTSA documentation for the 340MW Kpone IPP near Tema, Ghana.
- Advising Amandi Energy on EPC and O&M tender documentation for a 260MW power plant near Aboadze, Ghana.
- Advising lenders to the Gouda wind farm and Sishen solar plant in the South Africa renewables programme (REIPPP).
Other Sub-Saharan Africa
- Advising sponsors on the Bagamoyo agro-energy project in Tanzania.
- Advising sponsors on a thermal IPP in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- Advising sponsors on a proposed geothermal plant in Ethiopia.
- Drafting and negotiation of FIDIC Silver Book-based construction contracts for the Lake Turkana wind farm in Kenya;
- Advising the lenders to TAV Airports for the concession for the new Tunisian airport.
- Advising sponsors and lenders on EPC and O&M documentation for a number of different IPPs in Jordan, Oman and Abu Dhabi;
- Drafting an EPC contract for a chemical plant in Saudi Arabia and a FEED contract and EPCM contract for two chemical processing plants in China, both on behalf of a large global chemical company;
- Acting for AES Solar on construction and maintenance documentation for solar plants in Greece and the USA;
- Acting for DONG Energy on the acquisition of its interests in two UK offshore wind zones of the UK Crown Estates Round 3 programme;
- Advising Balfour Beatty Capital on a number of its bids for the offshore transmission assets (OFTO) of wind farms in the UK.
Luke qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2005 and received his LLB (Hons) from the University of Liverpool and a licence en droit from the Université de Paris I: Panthon-Sorbonne.