Kaushik Ray | click to email | Phone number: +44 (0) 20 7997 7045
Kaushik Ray is a partner in Trinity International LLP. Kaushik trained and qualified as a solicitor at Allen & Overy LLP, gaining experience in its Projects, Energy and Infrastructure group both in London and Paris before moving to Trinity in 2009.
Kaushik has experience in project, corporate and property finance transactions across a range of sectors, including transport, ports, telecoms, power, financial institutions, film, leisure and industrials and has a particular focus on renewable power deals. Kaushik has transactional experience in the major economic centres of Africa, South and South East Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East as well as in Western Europe, the US and Central America.
Kaushik has written for the Financial Times, focusing on investment in the energy and infrastructure markets in India and for the Financial Times Africa-focussed publication, This is Africa. He speaks regularly at conferences on topics related to project financing, particularly in the renewables sphere. Recently, Kaushik presented as part of the World Bank Law Justice and Development Week, to the European Commission and various ambassadors to the EU from the African continent in relation to EU support available for development finance, and speaks regularly on the International Financial Law Review Africa panel.
Kaushik received his LLB (Hons) from the University of London with a Diploma in European Legal Studies from the University of Strasbourg. Kaushik qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2003 and was admitted to the State Bar of New York in 2007.
- “Lake Turkana gets up to speed“, Project Finance International Yearbook 2015.
- “Challenges for Sub-Saharan IPPs“, Project Finance International Global Energy Report, April 2013.
- “Building Public-Private Partnerships to scale up resources for Climate-Friendly Investment in Africa” for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, with Paul Biggs and Ana-Katarina Hajduka, November 2012.
- “Few reasons for Africa to fear EU’s fund directive”, article in the Financial Times’ publication “This is Africa” discussing the impact on African FDI of the EU directive on alternative investment fund managers, 28th July 2010.
- “The rocky road to independents”, article in the Financial Times’ publication “This is Africa” discussing challenges in successfully delivering independent power projects in Africa, with Simon Norris, 28th December 2009.
- “Energy secures a sustainable future“, article in the Financial Times on the renewable energy market in India, published November 14th, 2006, also published in Spanish in La Gaceta de los Negocios, Spain’s leading business daily.
- “Transport funding needs assistance“, article in the Financial Times on Indian infrastructure, published September 19th, 2006.
- “The Growth of PPPs in Europe“, Project Finance International magazine, December 2005, with Anne Baldock, Allen & Overy LLP.